[Day 4 LE] Respite before Undead Spite (Expecting)

Claudia Gabinus

Re: [Day 4 LE] Respite before Undead Spite (Expecting)

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Mon May 30, 2022 10:36 am

She raises her hands in a 'no harm done' gesture.
"Questions are good, usually I am the one asking them, so this is a nice change."
She sips from her own glass and nods. "It is strange being so far away from..everything. I miss little things."
Thinking for a moment. "My sisters' laugh, the comradery in the barracks. But I am also blessed to be able to see and learn new things. I think it is a fair trade."

She musters what little she knows.
"Your people, they are close? Everyone travels together and they care for one another?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.
If socially acceptable: Sword/Shield/Armour/Ghost

Languages: Mekham, Yodotai

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 30, 2022 11:50 am

Raya went quiet, looking thoughtful.

"I can understand. I miss my family too, but I am happy too because I get to see and meet people that I would normally not meet. It is an adventure yes?"

She nodded at the question.

"Ra'shari are one big family. We stand together, laugh, fight, argue, dance and sing. We do all, especially in my normal Caravan. I am with new family now for a while, having stayed behind after the Caravan of Entertainment left, but I am still with family."

There was another small pause, before continued "did you know a Sidi Rufus?
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Mon May 30, 2022 11:16 pm

Raya wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 11:50 am
Snip
Claudia blinks, her mind switching track.
"He had red hair, young? I did not know him well, but we had met. He seemed a fine young legionnaire."
She looks over Raya curiously.
"If this is about umm, I do not know your word, contraceptives I can help. It is important to protect oneself."
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.

Raya

Post by Raya » Tue May 31, 2022 7:33 am

Raya looked confused.

"I am not understanding what you mean."

She took a moment to think on how to continue, before speaking again.

"Sidi Rufus, yes young man red hair. He uh....how do I say this...the incident a few nights ago, where those how you say...ghuls? Were attacking innocent people. He stood up and defended people, and one of those ghul got to his throat. I did my best to help him, I had managed to stop the things feasting upon him, but it was too late."

She lowered her head.

"I am sorry."
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Tue May 31, 2022 10:31 am

Raya wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 7:33 am
Snip
"Well when a man and a-...." Claudia trails off as Raya continues, her expression growing solemn.
"Oh, I understand. So he's...yes." She holds a hand over her chest and mutters something that sounds like a prayer in Yodotai. For a split second it seems there's a spectral legionnaire behind her doing the same, but perhaps that was just a sudden glint of moonlight as the clouds part.

"It sounds as though he died with honour, fighting to protect those who could not protect themselves. It is considered a good end in my culture." Forcing a wan smile. "It is good someone was there with him, to witness this, and to ensure his body was not taken."

Raya

Post by Raya » Tue May 31, 2022 10:49 am

Raya was glad the woman didn't instantly suspect the worst. Seems the Ra'shari hate didn't spread to the Yodotai.

"I did my best sayyeda. I do not know your peoples customs, but I also make sure to claim his affects so he was not looted."

She took off a small bag she had, placing it down on the table. From there she took out a cloth which was wrapped around a knife which had been cleaned and made to look shiny again. There was a few other items as well.

"I am not knowing where he stayed in the city, but his home may have others. If he has family, I would like them to get his items back and to know he was a good man."

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Tue May 31, 2022 11:01 am

Raya wrote:
Tue May 31, 2022 10:49 am
Snip
"Usually we would have a small ceremony to remember the dead, then burn the body. I will try to find those he served with and see these returned to his family."
She looks down at the knife and sighs quietly.

"He was very young." She shakes her head and slowly wraps the knife back up in cloth. "Thank you for all of this. I do not know, your people take such things very seriously?"

Raya

Post by Raya » Tue May 31, 2022 11:31 am

Raya looked thoughtful for a moment.

"Mm, it depends what you are meaning by serious. To Ra'Shari, all live and all die. Even those who try to trick the end only delay. So to Ra'Shari, death is not sad, it is how you say....inevitable. So we do not be sad that someone has died, we remember that they lived when we did and we were part of their story. It is happy, because you only share so many years of life with others, so you should be happy that you were able to share it with those around you yes?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Wed Jun 01, 2022 12:05 am

Claudia listens, nodding along here and there.
"Ah, this is most interesting. Do Ra'Shari ever...return after they have passed? Not as bad things."
She makes a warding gesture with her hands.
"But as guides, ghosts, that sort of thing."

Raya

Post by Raya » Wed Jun 01, 2022 10:33 am

Raya looked confused.

"Death is death. Am not understanding...oh, you mean when get stuck and not able to fully die? Sounds like terrible curse. I am remembering stories of how you say.... ghosts and terrible spirits, what is word...haunting?"