[Day 4 LE] Respite before Undead Spite (Expecting)

Claudia Gabinus

[Day 4 LE] Respite before Undead Spite (Expecting)

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Sun May 29, 2022 10:44 am

Claudia tiredly leans against a cool stone wall in a small square. Just how many murderous conspiracies did this city have? With a sigh she raises her battered canteen and takes a sip of lukewarm water. Flesheaters this, murder sprees that. And yet they created so much of beauty as well. Hopefully one day the empire would bring some order and then the people would be safe.

Scanning the square with another glance she drinks again.
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.
If socially acceptable: Sword/Shield/Armour/Ghost

Languages: Mekham, Yodotai

Raya

Re: [Day 4 LE] Respite before Undead Spite (Expecting)

Post by Raya » Sun May 29, 2022 10:49 am

Speaking of murderous conspiracies...

Raya had spent the last two days locating someone from the Yodotai, and after she found one entirely by accident the previous day they had left because she could do what she needed to! Granted they had just invaded the sewers and getting away was a good plan, but still...

After asking around, and being treated as suspiciously as a Ra'Shari usually was treated, she was pointed towards a direction of a square that the woman usually frequented by a nice peddler who was likely expecting payment. Unfortunately for him Raya didn't realise, moving towards the square looking around as she did so.
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Influence: 1 | Reputation: 2.3 | Integrity: Untrustworthy
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife
Languages: Mekhem, Ra'Shari

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Sun May 29, 2022 10:59 am

At the sight of someone entering the square Claudia's hand goes to her dagger and a faint spectral outform appears next to her before she recognises the Ra'Shari and relaxes, waving her over.

"Lella Raya, what are you doing out here so late? Is everything alright?"
Yodotai * Surgeon * Wanderer * Fights If She Has To * Very Haunted * Thirsty For Knowledge*
Influence: City 1, Origin 1, Faction 1 *Glorious 1, Infamous 0* Integrity: Average

Equipment usually present: Pugio, toga, medicine kit, surgeon’s kit, traveling pack.

Raya

Post by Raya » Sun May 29, 2022 7:02 pm

The wave got her attention and she looked up.

Ah! There!

Feeling her fortune improving already, she smiled and waved back as she walked over.

"Sayyeda Claudia, good evening! I am always out late, Ra'Shari do not sleep you know" there was a small laugh "I was looking for you, I had hoped to speak with you yesterday but it seems time was not on our side. Do you have some time?"
Ra'shari * Ninja * Dancer * Pretty * Lovely Voice * Sweet * Exciteable * Quiet when she wants to be * Profile
Equipment: Dancers clothing (almost all the time), a smile, a pack of cards and a bubbily attitude. Maybe a knife

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Sun May 29, 2022 10:05 pm

Raya wrote:
Sun May 29, 2022 7:02 pm
Snip
She glances up at the moon and runs some calculations.
"Yes, I am thinking I do. Then it is down into the sewers again, I am running out of togas which do not smell of sewer. My grandfather despairs."
Still, she smiles sightly at Raya.

"What can I do to help? Do you need healing of some kind?" She peers over the other woman.

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 30, 2022 8:49 am

Raya shook her head.

"No healing. I need to speak with you about one of your...what is the word, kin? Of your people. Is there somewhere private we can be speaking?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Mon May 30, 2022 9:48 am

Raya wrote:
Mon May 30, 2022 8:49 am
Snip
Claudia blinks with surprise but nods.
"My home is not far from here, if that is right to you."
With a gesture she leads the way out of the square and down a side street before looping twice, going back through the square and out the other side and finally arriving at the backdoor of a comfortable little house in a quiet part of the district.

"Ah yes, here we are. I had thought we were close."
She unlocks the door and walks inside, going to turn up a small oil lamp on a central table.

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 30, 2022 10:09 am

Raya smiled and nodded, following along. As they made it to the house she paused to look at it from the outside for a few moments before entering as the door was opened.

"I like your home. It feels like a home, more comfortable and cosy. I visited a friend earlier and his home was bigger than the whole Caravan of Memory combined, it was so big. Does Sayyeda share her home with anyone?"

Claudia Gabinus

Post by Claudia Gabinus » Mon May 30, 2022 10:13 am

"Bigger than a whole caravan?" Claudia spends a few seconds trying to work out if she's missing a metaphor or whether the friend was that rich.
"They must be very wealthy indeed, friends like that are good to have."

She shakes her friend at the question as she fetches a jug and pours two glasses of cool water, offering one to her guest.
"It is just me, my family supports my studies. It is no caravan, but I am very fortunate, yes?"

Raya

Post by Raya » Mon May 30, 2022 10:15 am

"Dahabi have more money than can know what to do with. It is strange to me, but I do not care for wealth that much" Raya shrugged then accepted the glass.

"You are far away from family yes? Is it hard? Am sorry if asking questions that are uncomfortable, just curious."