[D4, EM, Merchant Quarter] Before the dawn (Expecting)

Al-Haddar

Re: [D4, EM, Merchant Quarter] Before the dawn (Expecting)

Post by Al-Haddar » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:03 pm

"Real life stories never actually end. Whether the ending is good or bad depends on when the tale teller decides to put the last period.

Let's take my own example.

A few months ago, I had a happy if poor existence, enjoying the carefreeness of the nobody, the young sibling of which little is expected but to pay for their own bills.

A few weeks ago, my dear big brother died of violent death.

Yesterday, I lucked out on a job and made enough money to sustain my family for the time being.

Would you say my own story is a happy one? A tragic one? Neither or both?

Ups and downs, good and bad, rises and falls. A well-lived life is a mix of all. If you have the chance to be going through a lucky streak right now, thanks Shilah of her mercy by enjoying it to the fullest."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Fri Jun 03, 2022 7:51 pm

Al-Haddar wrote:
Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:03 pm
"Real life stories never actually end. Whether the ending is good or bad depends on when the tale teller decides to put the last period.

Let's take my own example.

A few months ago, I had a happy if poor existence, enjoying the carefreeness of the nobody, the young sibling of which little is expected but to pay for their own bills.

A few weeks ago, my dear big brother died of violent death.

Yesterday, I lucked out on a job and made enough money to sustain my family for the time being.

Would you say my own story is a happy one? A tragic one? Neither or both?

Ups and downs, good and bad, rises and falls. A well-lived life is a mix of all. If you have the chance to be going through a lucky streak right now, thanks Shilah of her mercy by enjoying it to the fullest."
"I would say your story is written in blood and tears, of sadness and joy sidi." Qara smiled. "I am sorry about your brother, but happy about your luck. Does that mean I can charge you full price though?" She winked at him in jest. "You are quite knowledgeable of stories, sidi. Would you care for mine?"
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Al-Haddar

Post by Al-Haddar » Sat Jun 04, 2022 8:27 pm

"Well of course. The storyteller needs to hear stories to have stories to tell in turn. One own life is not story enough for the always story-starved people of the Jewel."
Mekham • "Diplomat" • Peddler • Chatterbox • Bland
Influence: Simple citizen (1) | Reputation: None to speak of (1) | Integrity: What? (1.5)
Languages: Mekham, Senpet / Carries: Anything you might want to buy / Profile