Hunger Abated (EN, The Sewers, Event)

Jewel

Re: Hunger Abated (EN, The Sewers, Event)

Post by Jewel » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:38 pm

The taint sometimes animates animals just as it does people. But nothing else about this seems reminiscent of maho so that's likely a dead end.
GM • City of Stories

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:39 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:29 pm
Qara took note all of that, as she looked over the undead bodies again.

Glancing over at the other magic-caster, Qara smiled. "Qara al-Hazaad, sidi. Well...this is all disturbing. And fascinating. I haven't heard of animal ghuls, but then, I am quite new at this city."
He sighs. "Well, I've been here since my birth and while stories of undead abound - and occasional sightings are unavoidable - I've never seen or heard of animal ghuls either. I assume this was a new type of twisted magic, then? Either created by the man there", he says, pointing at where the Necromancer's corpse lies, "or... this might be the creation of a group of some sort?" He looks worried for a while, then shakes his head. "Hopefully not..."

He looks at the corpses, then at Qara again. "Sayyeda al-Hazaad seems to be knowledgeable about magic, laa? With your experience, and as a magician with the Khadi's support... is this something you have experience with? Not animals - that's clearly new. But otherwise..."
Mekham * Sahir * Serious but kind * Healer for the poor
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:47 pm

Jewel wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:38 pm
The taint sometimes animates animals just as it does people. But nothing else about this seems reminiscent of maho so that's likely a dead end.
Qara finally looked over the surgical marks as best as she could.

D4 EN, Medicine/Int | 4k3 ⇒ 18
Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:39 pm

He sighs. "Well, I've been here since my birth and while stories of undead abound - and occasional sightings are unavoidable - I've never seen or heard of animal ghuls either. I assume this was a new type of twisted magic, then? Either created by the man there", he says, pointing at where the Necromancer's corpse lies, "or... this might be the creation of a group of some sort?" He looks worried for a while, then shakes his head. "Hopefully not..."

He looks at the corpses, then at Qara again. "Sayyeda al-Hazaad seems to be knowledgeable about magic, laa? With your experience, and as a magician with the Khadi's support... is this something you have experience with? Not animals - that's clearly new. But otherwise..."
"Well...I don't have a lot of experience, and most of what I have is not applicable here. I was trained in Rokugan, among the priests and spirit-callers." She sighed. "This...I have no experience with this. I have heard of ghuls, but the way he weaved his magic was just...not how it should be done? And these ghuls...it is strange that animals could also be brought back, in a manner of speaking. I thought only humans could, those with sapience, but it seems I was wrong. This changes a lot of things. What about you sidi? Any idea what could have happened here?"
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:49 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:47 pm
D4 EN, Medicine/Int | 4k3 ⇒ 18
It does not reveal much she hadn't already seen plainly with her eyes. Their hearts were cut out and hastily set aside, likely due to the group interrupting whatever was going to happen. She can tell that the human corpse was quite malnourished... and also that they died aware of what was happening to them.
GM • City of Stories

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:17 pm

''May Shilah bless you'' the masked man replied as the magic helped him, if only a little. He observed the two sahirs as they did their investigation for a moment before taking the the high quality tools.

Maybe we can fin who made and purchased them

Struggling, he limped towards the necromancer's corpse and those who slew it.

''Good work'' he told the warriors ''He will not harm anyone again''

That said he knelt near to see if the man had any form of pouches, bags...well anything on him that could give some intel.

He hoped he would not have to search for too long for even that small effort was quite the struggle in his current condition.
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:32 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 1:47 pm
"Well...I don't have a lot of experience, and most of what I have is not applicable here. I was trained in Rokugan, among the priests and spirit-callers." She sighed. "This...I have no experience with this. I have heard of ghuls, but the way he weaved his magic was just...not how it should be done? And these ghuls...it is strange that animals could also be brought back, in a manner of speaking. I thought only humans could, those with sapience, but it seems I was wrong. This changes a lot of things. What about you sidi? Any idea what could have happened here?"
He heard her with full attention, nodding, although his eyes kept somewhat blank.

He keeps silent for a moment after her question, but then finally speak, in a slightly lower voice. "... I've been taught at a difficult time in my life, Sayyeda. You must learn about them to unmake them... as you've seen me try." He looks towards the dead gorilla. "Apparently what I've learnt should be enough to unmake undead beasts as well, but it's equally as new to me. There is... something else happening here. Again, either this man's creation, or.... something deeper."
Influence: City 1 Origin 1 Faction 1 Reputation: Glorious 2 Infamous 0 Integrity: Above question
Typically Carries: 2 knives, robe and sandals, small ring, incense brazier, medicine kit, sling, coin purse.

Jewel

Post by Jewel » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:44 pm

Bazir wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:17 pm
''May Shilah bless you'' the masked man replied as the magic helped him, if only a little. He observed the two sahirs as they did their investigation for a moment before taking the the high quality tools.

Maybe we can fin who made and purchased them

Struggling, he limped towards the necromancer's corpse and those who slew it.

''Good work'' he told the warriors ''He will not harm anyone again''

That said he knelt near to see if the man had any form of pouches, bags...well anything on him that could give some intel.

He hoped he would not have to search for too long for even that small effort was quite the struggle in his current condition.
(The body is currently submerged in sewage. If Bazir gets down in there roll Investigation)
GM • City of Stories

Qara al-Hazaad

Post by Qara al-Hazaad » Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:44 pm

Faruq Al-Farhan wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:32 pm

He heard her with full attention, nodding, although his eyes kept somewhat blank.

He keeps silent for a moment after her question, but then finally speak, in a slightly lower voice. "... I've been taught at a difficult time in my life, Sayyeda. You must learn about them to unmake them... as you've seen me try." He looks towards the dead gorilla. "Apparently what I've learnt should be enough to unmake undead beasts as well, but it's equally as new to me. There is... something else happening here. Again, either this man's creation, or.... something deeper."
"The animals are the most obvious ones, of course, but the man...he wielded is curses more easily than I expected of a sahir." She narrowed her eyes. "It's..something. Something strange. In the neighborhood of sahir magic, in a way."

She let out a huff. "Though it is all wrong."
Dahabi * Shugenja * Wealthy * Black Sheep * Married
Rokugani, Mekhem, thinking
Influence: 1/1/1 * Integrity: What is expected * Reputation: Glorious 1/Infamous 0
Carries: Talisman satchel, fan, fancy clothes

Bazir

Post by Bazir » Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:49 pm

Jewel wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:44 pm

(The body is currently submerged in sewage. If Bazir gets down in there roll Investigation)
The Grandiose Akbar grunted behind his mask as he realized where the corpse actually was. He did not wantt o do this....everything hurt in many new ways but...

He remembered the faces of the victims of the attacks

He was not sure he was in any condition to achieve anything but he had no right to give up without trying

Hunger Abated, investigate for the necromancer's corpse, injured (-15 included in roll) | 5k3-15 ⇒ 5(did not see Faruq healed me so I am at -5, not -15...so that'd be 15)
Mekham - Local - café owner
Influence: 1 Reputation: 1 Integrity: Untrustworthy
Carries: Concealed knife, clean robes, stick

Faruq Al-Farhan

Post by Faruq Al-Farhan » Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:25 pm

Qara al-Hazaad wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:44 pm
"The animals are the most obvious ones, of course, but the man...he wielded is curses more easily than I expected of a sahir." She narrowed her eyes. "It's..something. Something strange. In the neighborhood of sahir magic, in a way."

She let out a huff. "Though it is all wrong."
"Terribly wrong. This put the whole city at risk", he said in a voice that left no doubt that we was very serious and very vexed about the whole thing.

"The... neighbourhood of Sahir magic?" He seemed to wonder for a moment. "Again... I'm no expert in the northern folk, but many things here suggest the man either was a Senpet, or at least had close ties to them at some point. Maybe that could be the source of the differences?"

Seeing Bazir move towards where the corpse was, Faruq excused himself from Qara. "Ah... excuse me, Sayyeda.. there's something uncomfortable but possibly important that needs doing. I'll be back in a while.".

He then walks over to where the body is and gets down in the muck himself again.
Bazir wrote:
Wed Jun 01, 2022 3:49 pm
The Grandiose Akbar grunted behind his mask as he realized where the corpse actually was. He did not wantt o do this....everything hurt in many new ways but...

He remembered the faces of the victims of the attacks

He was not sure he was in any condition to achieve anything but he had no right to give up without trying
"Sayyid. Can I help you move him up here? If he's not alone... he might still be holding important hints on that"

----

Assuming Akbar agrees and I'm still good to roll despite Dayflip happening, he'll then search the body as well. I'd forgotten to roll investigation before either way XD

And since I have a VP still lying around...

D4 EN - Investigation - focusing on the Necromancer's body. VP used. | 5k3 ⇒ 20 - Not great, not terrible I guess?

EDIT: Added an answer to Qara as I had missed it there!
Last edited by Faruq Al-Farhan on Wed Jun 01, 2022 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.